Hi, I'm Tiana. Welcome to my blog!
I'm a homeschool graduate of 2015 and live in the beautiful Washington state. This blog is for documenting my projects and my adventures in costuming and hopefully helping others who are also learning the art of costuming.
My love of costuming started after I made my first costume in 2012 and I've been teaching myself the art of costuming ever since. One of the films that really inspired me was Ever After, which still remains one of my favorite movies. In fact, the second costume I ever made was Danielle's work dress from that film. If you want to read more about how I got started in costuming, check out My Story.
But, you may ask, what do you do besides sew and make films? I'm glad you asked.
As a homeschooler I have a lot of hobbies. I love to read, however my busy life makes it hard to fit much in these days, though I still try to listen to audiobooks when I'm sewing. My favorite genre's include: historical fiction, mystery, sci-fi (though mostly Star Wars books), and classic literature.
As much as I would like to say I'm a writer, I'm really just a wanna-be writer. I have participated in (and won) NaNoWriMo every year since 2014, but sadly that's pretty much all the novel writing I do throughout the entire year.
During the summer I travel all around the Pacific North West with the Historic Flight Foundation (HFF) volunteering at air shows with my dad. I love history and volunteering for HFF helps me keep it alive while also getting to experience some amazing events and meet great people. And I also get to dress up in vintage clothing at some events.
|Sporting my 1930's Aviatrix outfit with a 1930's stagger-wing at HFF|
I also love music. Pretty much everything from Jazz to Opera, and Broadway to [certain] Pop. My favorite artist is Michael Buble with Barbra Streisand in a close second (followed by Frank Sinatra)
A few random facts about me:
- I live, eat, and breath show tunes and will quote/sing them anytime that I feel is a good opportunity. I believe that there is a song for every situation in life. And I'm not afraid to prove it.
- I'm a Star Wars nut. Always have been.
- I dabble in photography and web design.
- As a native Washintonian I prefer Fall/Winter to Summer and I begin to melt when the temperature is above 72 degrees.
- I have a part time job as a Procurement Agent
- I have a DYT Type 2 personality, or an ISFJ if you use Myer Briggs.
I love to talk to other costumers, so please feel free to leave comments with questions or if you just wanna talk about costumes!