Oct 18, 2015

The Not so Secret Project

Okay, so I was going to keep this costume a secret. I wanted to show up at the costume party and see a certain friends reaction to it (she, like me, is a big fan of WICKED and her reaction would have been priceless). But I failed. And now everyone knows. So  thought I'd make a post about it.

I went and made Elphaba's Defying Gravity dress that she wears to the Emerald City through the end of Act I.


If you remember, this was one of the costumes on my 2015 costume bucket list. I wasn't planning on making it, I was actually planning on wearing Alice for Halloween, but I had the right patterns and fresh bolt of muslin. Less than a week passed before the dress was completed.

I'm still working on the makeup and need to make the hat, and finding a witches broom that doesn't look like it's made for a toddler is harder than it should be.

More pictures and info to come soon, but in the meantime here's a sneak peek that I posted on Instagram...

3 comments:

  1. That's crazy, I almost bought those EXACT. SAME. BUTTONS. for my Halloween costume.

    ReplyDelete
  2. NO. WAY. That is awesome! I can't wait to see the rest of it. I loooove all the Wicked costumes and I'm so excited to see your version of the dress! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just now saw this and Tiana, the costume is fantastic! :)

    ReplyDelete