Mar 3, 2015

Cinderella!

If you've been reading my blog for long then you should know about my love for the Broadway show Cinderella. For the last two years I've been following Rogers and Hammerstein's Cinderella on Broadway, waiting for it to go on tour and Sunday I finally got to see it! My sister Alina and I went to see it together and we had a such 'a lovely night'!



Our seats were near the back of the theater, on the 3rd mezzanine, so we were pretty far back but they still ended up being great seats. Oh and the theater was so pretty! This was my first time going to the Paramount and it's beautiful! It would be the perfect place to do a photo shoot for costumes.
Please ignore the quality of some of the images, I only took my phone with me to the theater.


We had our own little section with just 2 seats so we didn't have to sit by anyone :D

This was the view from our seats.


Cinderella was the first Broadway show that I really loved so it was really special that it was my first Broadway show that I've ever seen live in person. It was even more amazing than I thought it would be. Everything from the costumes and the dancing to the sets and the actors was beautifully put together. And those costumes are more amazing in person (even from where I was sitting)!

I was so excited when I found out that Paige Faure and Andy Jones were the main cast. The played the rolls on Broadway right after Laura and Santino left, and they (along with the whole cast) were amazing!
Our cast :D

By the end of the show my hands hurt from clapping so much. I laughed, I cried. It was a great show. And at the end there was a standing ovation, which was very much deserved.

After we got out of the theater my mom and dad joined us to go to the stage door. I got to meet some of the cast, get pictures with them, and they also signed my playbill! I got to meet Paige Faure (Ella), Andy Jones (Prince Topher), Kecia Lewis (Marie/Fairy Godmother), and David Andino (Jean-Michel).
With Paige Faure

With Andy Jones (he's way taller than he looked on the stage!)

With Kecia Lewis

I splurged and bought a program and a Cinderella T-Shirt, which I have been wanting forever! The program has beautiful pictures of the original cast with Laura Osnes and Santino Fontana and it talks a little bit about the show and some of the costume designs.
You can't really tell here, but it's sparkly



Here's my autographed playbill. It was so amazing to actually meet them! Now I can check 'meet famous people' off my bucket list. :)

And my shirt. Sorry for the poor quality, I'm horrible at taking pictures in the mirror.

I'm goign to be seeing Phantom in a few months, which I'm even more excited for now than ever! If I ever get the chance to go to New York, all I'm gonna do is see Broadway shows ;)

Guys, if you have the chance to see this show, see it! You will not regret it! 

No comments:

Post a Comment