Feb 17, 2015

Sewing Haul!

I had the day off work yesterday, so my mom, sister and I went out to do a little shopping. We went to JoAnn's to take advantage of their Presidents day sale, and although I didn't buy a ton of stuff (okay, I did buy a ton of patterns), I did get some awesome deals!

Simplicity patterns were on sale for $1 each, so I picked up a bunch. I don't know about you, but that's the only time I ever buy commercial patterns. ;)


I picked up this petticoat pattern, mainly thinking of the pattern in the upper left corner for my graduation dress. I could make my petticoat without a pattern, but I figured for a buck I'd pick up the pattern.

This one is also for my graduation dress, which I just realized I never shared here on my blog Oops! I'll make a post on that soon. But anyways, I picked up the pattern for the single shoulder dress pattern. The top of the dress is a separate piece from the skirt, so it should work nicely!

Another corset pattern. I realize I have yet to use a corset pattern that I've bought, but I had to picked it up. I've heard good things about this pattern.

Not sure if these tops will really work with my trousers, but I need a new top for Historic Flight events.

I've also been wanting to make a 1940's dress, so I knew I had to get this one!

Okay, so I've seen these patterns online and was really surprised at how accurate they are to the movie. I wasn't even thinking about these when I entered JoAnn's, but then I saw it sitting on the table and jumped to grab it.

I picked both patterns up. I have not idea if I'll make any of these anytime soon, but I'm ready now! :)

I'll have to look at the patterns a little farther, but I don't see much modifying that would need to be done on these patterns other than moving the leg slit on Elsa's dress to the right side, fabrics, and the capes on Elsa's dresses.

There was ribbon for $.50 and I picked up some of the super thin stuff to replace my yellow ribbon drawstrings on my petticoat and chemise (finally!).

And last but not least, muslin. I have about 2 yards left of my last bolt and have been needing more but haven't ordered it because it's been on sale online and I like to use a 50% off coupon to get a better deal. They only had 17 yards, but I ended up getting it for a super good deal! I have no idea what happened, but I ended up only paying $8 for it somehow.

2 comments:

  1. I've used that corset pattern, it was really nice! I liked the the single-layer construction and it was easy to modify where I needed it :D

    I wish I could still get Simplicity patterns in Canada. They were the commercial patterns that fit me the best, but now I have to buy them online :( I forsee a trip to a fabric store when I head to the States this summer :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's nice to know, thanks!

      That's too bad they don't have Simplicity patterns in Canada, but it's great that you can get some when you come to the states!

      Delete