Oct 17, 2014

Masquerade Inspiration

Next year I'll be graduating high school, and since I'm homeschooled I'll be having my own graduation party. I've decided that I want to have a Phantom of the Opera themed Masquerade! I'm so excited!

I've already been planning what I want to do for my costume. I was originally wanting to do Christine's Masquerade dress from the 2004 POTO movie, but because our house is so small we're going to have the party outside and I don't want to spend all that time and money on a dress that's going to get dirty and possibly ruined.

My next thought was to do the stage version of the Masquerade dress, but I don't really want to spend all the time dying the fabric and hand sewing everything on the bodice. Besides, it would require a ton of tulle which I don't really like working with. Which is a shame because it's so cheap!

I've decided that I should do like my sister keeps telling me and to design my own dress. I've mostly been pinning inspiration on Pinterest, but I need to actually start sketching some ideas out soon.

But here's some of my inspiration I've gotten from Pinterest.

Please Note: All images link back to original source if I have one.










This was a mask from the gift shop when we went to the Seattle Opera.

As you can tell by the variety of inspiration, I really have no clue as to what I want to do. Well, I guess I have plenty of time to figure it out. 

No comments:

Post a Comment